This beautiful reflection on the famed Spanish Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route by Brendan McManus gave us some food for thought. This account of his incredible journey appears in our Winter 2018/19 issue, and it’s got us feeling inspired … have any of you ever walked the Camino or a similar pilgrimage route, Positive Lifers?
5 Days/4 nights Dates: April 30th 2015 to May 4th 2015
€595 per person sharing a double or twin room
– Full board in 4 Star Hotel with pool in Santa Maria di Castellabate.
– Transfers to and from Naples Airport on April 30th and May 4th 2015.
– Excursion on Day 4 of the stunning coast with evening buet on the seafront of Santa Maria.
– Wellness Program of Qi Gong and Meditation with 12th Generation Tai Chi teacher John Collins
- Daoist meditation to release stress, Shaolin Qi Gong 8 Silk Brocade and Tai Chi.
- Train traditional Qi Gong self-healing exercises using breath and movement and
- deep stretching to release stress and energise the body.
- Meditation will also be a large part of the retreat, aimed to reconnect with ourselves and learn how to listen to our body’s deep wisdom.
- A beginner will feel immediate benefits and feel their chi flow with an emphasis on applying these methods in our daily lives.
- These methods help us promote mindfulness and feel the peace and vitality within.
Terms & Conditions: Flights are not included: Aer Lingus Flies to Naples on the above dates. – Book early! Booking Deposit: €100. – Balance is payable in full by March 15th 2015. – Single Room Supplement applies if a single occupancy, room is required. – Package is open to all persons 18 years and over. – Travel & Health Insurance is not included.
For Bookings and further information contact Lisa Stack, event planner at +353 87 943 7228 / firstname.lastname@example.org
My visit to Vikasa was most assuredly serendipity at work. A friend said ‘Let’s go to Thailand’. I closed my eyes, imagined golden sands, sunshine and super cheap Thai massages and said ‘Yes, let’s.’ When she told me that she had chosen a lovely yoga retreat called Vikasa, I didn’t argue. Just before I arrived, I discovered that my good friend Kerry O’Neill, a healer from Dublin, was working there, so I deemed it to be a sign from the Universe that we were going to the right place.
From the website I learned that Vikasa is perched on a cliff, with spectacular ocean views, an infinity pool, and an assortment of different rooms, from the traditional wooden beach hut to a super smart one with bathtub and telly, which was the one I chose. I also learned that the owner was a Latvian ex-DJ called Konstantin Miachin who had decided to change his life, embrace a healthy lifestyle and spread peace and love through what he calls ‘the evolution of yoga’.
There would be yoga classes twice a day as well as meditation, gong baths, Oolong tea ceremonies and a buffet brunch and dinner included in the room price, which seemed excellent value, starting at 60 euro per night. You may well be on the right track spiritually speaking, but that doesn’t mean things turn out the way you picture them. When I arrived at Vikasa, it was late on Christmas day and everything was dark.
Saturday May 30th, 2015
Give yourself the gift of tranquility, relaxation and rejuvenation at the fabulous Valle Romano Golf Resort, Estepona, Spain; nestled at the foot of the Mountains, with views across the hills and into the Mediterranean Sea.
Each day will consist of:
- Morning and evening yoga practice from the Kaula system
- Daily meditation
- Two workshops for self and shared Healing.
- You can enjoy a day off on Wednesday to go sightseeing, shopping, or relaxing on the beach.
- 7 nights accommodation
- Delicious food
- Your own personal Primordial Sound Mantra,
- All workshops
- Airport transfers
Accommodation consists of large two bedroom/two bathroom luxury apartments. Food is based on healthy vegetarian eating and will consist of fresh juices, smoothies and locally sourced fresh market produce.
Prices from €650.00
email@example.com | 00353 87 921 61 00
Yoga, Meditation, Rest & Relaxation
October 5-12, 2104
Join Michael Ryan for a week of Yoga, meditation, rest and relaxation in the beautiful fishing village of Essaouira, with special guest Jack Harrison Music.
- 7 Brunches & 6 Dinners (one night we buy our own dinner)
- Yoga & Meditation (each morning and afternoon, beginning Monday 6th and ending Sunday 12th in the morning)
- Flights Transfer from Marrakech airport (once flights are booked we will arrange shared transport)
- Travel insurance
- Lunch if required, although brunch will be substantial.
Note, Ryanair flies to Marrakech
Shared Accommodation: €950 | Single Accommodation: €1450
Spaces are limited
Get free in the Red Sea
Freediving, or breath-hold diving, is all about relaxation and mastery of our breath. Learning to still the body and mind before slipping below the surface and exploring the beauty of the underwater world. Humans have been freediving for food since our evolution. Our ‘mammalian dive reflex’ enables our heart to slow and our body to conserve oxygen, enabling us to dive deeper and longer but now we can freedive for pleasure rather than necessity.
Emma Farrell, author of ‘One Breath, a Reflection on Freediving,’ has created a unique getaway experience that combines freediving and yoga on board a luxury yacht. A yoga teacher and freediving guru, Emma and her team of instructors introduce you to yoga and the many freediving disciplines, as well as giving you the chance to experience the profound relaxation practice known as yoga nidra (yogic sleep) under the stars each night.
“On the last trip we dived pristine coral reefs surrounded by fish, incredible wrecks, and saw turtles and lionfish swimming lazily by us. On the last night, moored in the middle of the ocean, we were visited by two playful dolphins, which swam, played and blew bubble rings at us until we were too tired to continue. It was a truly magical and unforgettable experience.”
Anyone can learn to freedive, and families are welcome.
Ayurvedic 6 Day Health & Wellness Retreat at Luxurious Weir Haven, Ireland
October Ayurvedic Retreat Sold Out!
– Next Ayurvedic Retreat commences Monday November 11th for 6 days.
Weir Haven is a place of tranquillity and natural beauty near Clarenbridge, Co. Galway. And it’s open to you for a very special six days of reconnecting with yourself, your body, wellness, peace of mind and happiness.
Escape to its beautiful surroundings. Experience blissful, relaxing Ayurveda massages daily to purify your mind and body. Relish the all organic food and breathe in the fresh air in some of Ireland’s most beautiful sights.
Our therapist, Martha Conneely, began her Ayurveda journey in India and completed it in Ireland, bringing the knowledge and blessings of the East, to us. She has more than 10 years experience working in the field of Ayurveda massage treatments.
On this retreat holiday enjoy:
- Daily massage treatment with special blend of oils.
- Simple daily meditation.
- Physical exercise – learn better body postures and breathing exercises.
- A healthy, organic, vegetarian diet.
- Visit the beautiful attractions on your doorstep: The Burren, Cliffs of Moher, Ailwee Caves, Thoor Ballylee, Galway City.
For more information visit:
Tel: 00 353 91 796637
Mob: 00 353 87 2539537