By Yvonne Clarke
I meet people all the time who are unhappy. I hear them say, “I want to be a millionaire; I want to own a villa in the sun, etc.” But few have actually taken the time out to honestly make any positive changes. Instead, most just focus on how unhappy they are.
Those who do take time out find something interesting. They find they actually want happiness, contentment, success and good health. But there is a clear misalignment between what they truly want and what they actually have now.
Why don’t we have what we truly want? For most, it’s because deep down they don’t feel “worthy” of living the life of their dreams.
Have you closed the door on your happiness and the life you truly want and deserve? Is it possible to change this? Absolutely, Yes! …
Visualise your future
First, you need to realize your personal self worth. To do this, shut down the internal critic. Catch those negative thoughts, stop and reframe. Turn each negative into a positive statement. “I am no good at making changes in my life” becomes “I am making positive and healthy decisions every day.”
Become aware of your thoughts, feelings and negative self-talk, and change them to match the positive outcome you desire. “Visualize a Positive Future.” Create this image and practice visualising it every day, soon it will become reality.
Work through any setbacks positively
You may experience setbacks. These are natural occurrences, an opportunity to train your subconscious mind to recreate your new pattern of positive thinking. Setbacks are simply an opportunity to learn something which will propel you forward into success. Take time, listen to your inner wisdom, use your intuition and get clear about your next step. There is no such thing as “failure”, only “feedback”.
Congratulate yourself on your progress
Give yourself credit along the way. Make mental and written notes of your successes, your wins and the positive changes.
As you let go of the negatives, you will experience increased self-esteem and optimism. Take the opportunity to reframe your perspective and see yourself and your life differently – see yourself with a new exciting partner, experience the beauty of peace in your life, take the time to search for the job of your dreams, believe in your ability to build your future each day.
You may think this sounds all very well and good but is not reality. Believe me – your reality today is a direct result of your past thoughts. Every action starts as a thought. As Henry Ford said, “If you think you can do a thing or think you can’t do a thing, you’re right.”
The most successful people in the world didn’t get there without facing setbacks, but they believed in their ability to succeed and focused on moving forward with renewed resolve. To them, setbacks are an opportunity to refocus, regroup and plan a successful outcome.
RULES FOR SUCCESS:
· Accept setbacks as an opportunity to refocus, regroup and plan success.
· Face your fears, work through them towards your goal.
· Be patient. Reflect and plan for success. Absorb each step along the way.
· Go beyond your comfort zone; take calculated risks, as this builds self-esteem and resilience.
· Find a role model, someone you admire who has achieved what you wish to achieve, model their behaviour and their beliefs, and find out what helped them to reach their goal.
· Be clear about your goals. Have specific, measured and realistic goals.
· Be solution focused and proactive.
· Break large goals into smaller goals, then you won’t feel overwhelmed.
· Seek the support of friends, family or a professional personal coach.
· Give yourself credit for your achievements.
· Welcome setbacks as opportunities to learn.
· Exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet.
· Rest, look after your body and it will look after you!
When you follow these steps, you become aware of your natural innate ability to master your future NOW, and see real positive changes in your life. Remember, every step you take in the direction of your dreams brings your dreams closer to reality!
Yvonne Clarke is a Personal NLP Coach and runs a practice in Balbriggan. Yvonne has also recorded some self-help hypnosis CD’s which work to reinforce your subconscious positive thinking.
If you would like to book a private coaching appointment to explore your unique journey further, call 0877641818, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.spiritualrays.com