1. Make a list of the people you’ve admired, desired and enjoyed being around.
2. Beside each of their names, write down the QUALITIES these people have/had that you admired, desired and enjoyed being around. You may notice a pattern.
3. Take a moment and REALISE that you yourself have all of the qualities that you have just attached to other people, some of which you may not yet have fully embraced within yourself or experienced through action.
4. Pick a quality from the list that you HAVE embraced within yourself and experienced through action, e.g. playful. On a new page, write, “I am playful.” While looking at your reflection*, say to yourself, “I am playful.” Take a moment to remember what it feels like to be playful. Let the feeling well up until it completely fills your body. Enjoy it.
5. Move on to the next quality and repeat the process. Feel free to add any other qualities that come to mind. You’ll end up with a page full of your best qualities.
6. This is your affirmation list. Use this list every day/night, if possible while looking at your reflection. You’ll find yourself becoming much more self-confident and self-possessed; and your interactions with others and the opportunities you attract from the Universe will reflect that.
* Looking at your reflection while affirming your qualities helps to instill them in your psyche, and creates a positive mental reaction whenever you catch glimpses of your reflection during your everyday life. My favourite is looking at my bedroom window when it’s dark outside, as my reflection is semi-transparent, reminding me of my spiritual essence.