Happier and healthier in 30 minutes a day
We live in an overstressed world where we are coming and going at all times of the day and night. When do we even have time to think about getting to the gym or attending a meditation class? The answer could be as close as the floor space by your bed and a daily practice of the 5 Tibetans.
The Five Who?
The Five Tibetans Yoga (or Rites) are 5 ancient exercises that were reportedly brought to the western world from Tibetan monasteries where the monks needed strong constitutions to endure the harsh conditions of their environment. Once made known to people in the US and Europe, these exercises heralded as the “ancient secrets of the fountain of youth,” have been reported to have significant impacts on the physical health of people who make them part of a daily practice.
Hard to get to meditation?
The Five Tibetans Yoga Workshop: Tone Your Body and Transform Your Life links a daily practice of the 5 Tibetans with mantras that focus your attention and intention on grasping behaviours that do not serve you, and on thoughts and actions that transform your way of thinking and being. The mantras are then used in rest pose at the end of your practice, providing a moment of meditation.
Grasping behaviours – and healing them
How often do you experience confusion, resentment, doubt, fear, and miserliness (think Scrooge) in your daily life? How do those thoughts and behaviors impact you? They often sap our energy and ruin our relationships.
The work in The Five Tibetans Yoga Workshop has been designed to help you transform those pesky grasping behaviors into a way a being that better serves you: awareness, vulnerability, surrender, authenticity, and connection.
Five benefits of the Five Tibetans
In approximately 30 minutes a day, you can engage in a whole person workout that addresses all your needs:
- Physical Toning and Health?: Twenty one repetitions of the five yoga-like exercises will improve the overall conditioning of your body and open your airways to promote better breathing.
- Spiritual Connection?: The daily mantras and focus on the grasping and healing behaviors provide opportunity for meditation and contemplation of the important aspects of right living.
- Energetic Conditioning: The 5 Tibetans speed up the spins of the body’s energy centres known as the chakras. Clogged chakras contribute to “dis-ease.” A daily practice of the 5 Tibetans can clear and speed the chakras and return vitality to your life.
- Emotional Stability: ?Intentional work with the grasping and healing behaviours helps you get past old emotional blocks and create healthier relationships.
- Mental Acuity: renewed physical strength, improved emotional functioning, greater overall vitality will increase your capacity for mental engagement in daily tasks and in your work life.
Committing to a practice of doing the 5 Tibetans and contemplating the mantras for 30 minute a day, 5 days a week over 12 weeks can help you look better, feel better, and live better.