Wild and Free: The Organic Centre Garden Party
Sunday 13th July, 11-5pm
Gardening and organic growing can be so much more than just producing food. Wild life, wild patches, hedgerows with wild plants and food and wild flower meadows all add enjoyment, health and natural wealth to our lives and families and help to protect our natural environment.
This year’s event features activities for all the family:
How to create a wildflower meadow and make wildflower seed balls.
- The top 10 edible weeds and the best flowers and shrubs for bees and butterflies.
- How to grow unusual vegetables and find wild mushrooms.
- There will be a masterclass in watering plants indoors and outdoors.
- The Pop-up Hedgerow bar will serve wild fermented drinks and The Grass Roof Café will be serving the most wonderful wild dishes. We will bake pizza in our outdoor clay oven.
- Special guest are “Eagles Flying” and we have local farm animals.
- Music, drumming and tai-chi and displays of local tourism providers will be ongoing throughout the day.
- Raffle and fundraising for The Organic Centre.