By Amanda Collins.
Your surroundings have a powerful effect on what you attract into your life. When the energy around you is blocked or unbalanced, your prosperity, health and relationships can be affected. Feng Shui improvements free up and enhance the flow of positive energy, remove negative influences and allow you to attract the prosperity and abundance you deserve.
To determine the flow in your environment ask yourself when you enter your home whether your energy rises or falls? Close your eyes and notice how you feel. What gets in your way? Where do you flow smoothly? Are any areas blocked off from you? Do all doors open fully? Are there large piles of clutter?
To invite in prosperity, start clearing the clutter. Throw out junk and get rid of things such as old papers, empty boxes and broken items to energise your home. This de-cluttering should extend to your car, purse, garage, computer inbox and desktop. Next, decide which broken items are draining your prosperity and which can be repaired. Let go of anything broken, cracked or chipped that cannot be repaired. Replace burned out light bulbs, for if your rooms are dark, so is your financial future. Repair broken mirrors for they reflect how you see yourself. Clean windows for they tell you how you look out on the world.
Dead plants symbolise dead energy; replace them with living plants to grow your wealth. Tighten loose doorknobs and handles. If your handles are loose you cannot get a grip on your money! Tighten them and wealth will be within you grasp.
A new wallet or purse attracts money. Also remove scraps of paper, credit cards for closed accounts or for those you never use. Be sure your wallet is clean, neat, and organised
Areas to Enhance, In Order of Importance
- Front Door: This is where all the energy enters. A clean welcoming front door attracts prosperity.
- Southeast: Associated with wealth, make sure there is no clutter in this area. Write affirmations to support wealth and place them here, as well as a symbolic item that makes you feel abundant.
- North: Associated with career. Make sure this area is open and flowing. Write and place an affirmation about the success of your career.
- Northwest: Also called ‘heaven’s gate’ and symbolising helpful people. Keep this area bright and open, with no trashcans outside or inside so you can create a clear channel for energy to enter into your home and life.
- Kitchen: Clear clutter including old, stale foods in cupboards and refrigerator. Use your oven; an unused stove implies untapped resources and opportunities. Kitchen counters should be clear with only items you use on a daily basis.
Lastly, other keys to prosperity are related to your beliefs about your deservedness. Do you really believe you are deserving and can be prosperous? I invite you to repeat these affirmations daily to attract prosperity: I deserve to be prosperous and wealthy; The more I give, the more I receive; I am a trust fund baby of the universe; I am a magnet to money.
Money is a form of energy that needs to flow through your life, not just into it. Living generously within your means makes space for even greater abundance. If you don’t yet have ample money to share, give as generously as you can of your time, energy, compassion and appreciation. Express gratitude. The more you are grateful for what you have, no matter how small, the more you will have to be grateful for, including money.
This is taken from our autumn 2015 issue. Subscribe to have the next four issues delivered direct to your door.