Step-by-step sound healing at home.
By Tony Nec
Chanting Beeja mantras is an effective form of sound healing therapy. Beeja mantras are short, one syllable Sanskrit word-sounds. The word ‘beeja’ means seed; ‘mantra’ means mystical sound.
We have seven main chakras and it is possible to open, balance and awaken each chakra using your voice. Each chakra has a beeja mantra associated with it. The sound vibrations harmonise the chakras creating vibrant health and wellness.
Using your voice to tone the chakras is an extremely powerful technique. As a daily practice, vocal toning is one of the most simple, easy and effective therapeutic tools you can use. It’s free, and fully mobile, so you can do it anywhere, anytime!
Bring your awareness to the root chakra around the base of your spine.
Chant the beeja mantra ‘LAM’ quietly in your mind.
Take a deep breath and sing or say the mantra on any note three times for 5-10 seconds each time, feeling the vibration in the chakra.
Repeat this process for each chakra:
- Sacral chakra, below your navel, chant VAM.
- Solar plexus chakra, above your navel, chant RAM.
- Heart chakra, centre of your chest, chant YAM.
- Throat chakra, around your throat, chant HAM.
- Brow (third eye) chakra, between your eyebrow, chant OM (AUM).
- Crown chakra, top of your head, chant silently OM (again).
Take some deep breaths in and stay silent.
Descend through the chakras repeating the above process.